|Region||Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR)|
|Marine waterbodies||none (landlocked)|
|Area (2007)||63.77 km2|
(24.62 sq. mi)
|Density (2015)||39 per km2|
(102 per sq. mi)
|Coordinates||17° 26' North, 120° 51' East|
(17.4409 ° N, 120.8572 ° E)
above sea level
|(Jump to Map)|
Bucloc is a municipality in the landlocked province of Abra.
The municipality has a land area of 63.77 square kilometers or 24.62 square miles which constitutes 1.53% of Abra's total area. The 2015 Census records its population as 2,501 representing 1.04% of the total population of Abra province, or 0.15% of the overall population of the Cordillera Administrative Region. Based on such figures, the population density is computed at 39 inhabitants per square kilometer or 102 inhabitants per square mile.
Demographic profile of barangays
Bucloc has 4 barangays as shown in the following table.
The population of Bucloc grew from 1,152 in 1960 to 2,501 in 2015, an increase of 1,349 people. The latest census figures in 2015 denote a positive growth rate of 2.69%, or an increase of 325 people, from the previous population of 2,176 in 2010.
|Census date||Population||Growth rate|
|1960 Feb 15||1,152||–|
|1970 May 6||1,401||1.93%|
|1975 May 1||1,447||0.65%|
|1980 May 1||1,605||2.09%|
|1990 May 1||1,932||1.87%|
|1995 Sep 1||1,919||-0.13%|
|2000 May 1||2,109||2.04%|
|2007 Aug 1||2,227||0.75%|
|2010 May 1||2,176||-0.84%|
|2015 Aug 1||2,501||2.69%|
The town center of Bucloc is situated at approximately 17° 26' North, 120° 51' East, which has an elevation estimated at 339.9 meters or 1,115.0 feet above mean sea level.
Based on the great-circle distance (the shortest distance between two points over the surface of the Earth), the cities closest to Bucloc are Candon, Vigan, Tabuk, Batac, Laoag, and Tuguegarao. The nearest municipalities are Daguioman, Boliney, Sallapadan, Manabo, Licuan-Baay, and Bucay. Its distance from the national capital is 315.68 kilometers (196.16 miles). The following list delineates such distance measurements.
- Daguioman, Abra, 7.50 kilometers (4.66 miles) to the East‑Northeast (N75°E)
- Boliney, Abra, 7.92 kilometers (4.92 miles) to the South‑Southwest (S30°W)
- Sallapadan, Abra, 10.45 kilometers (6.50 miles) to the West (N81°W)
- Manabo, Abra, 16.21 kilometers (10.07 miles) to the West (S87°W)
- Licuan-Baay, Abra, 18.68 kilometers (11.61 miles) to the North‑Northeast (N12°E)
- Bucay, Abra, 18.44 kilometers (11.46 miles) to the Northwest (N54°W)
- Candon, Ilocos Sur, 51.69 kilometers (32.12 miles) to the West‑Southwest (S57°W)
- Vigan, Ilocos Sur, 52.06 kilometers (32.35 miles) to the West‑Northwest (N74°W)
- Tabuk, Kalinga, 62.42 kilometers (38.78 miles) to the East (S87°E)
- Batac, Ilocos Norte, 74.91 kilometers (46.55 miles) to the North‑Northwest (N24°W)
- Laoag, Ilocos Norte, 88.26 kilometers (54.84 miles) to the North‑Northwest (N18°W)
- Tuguegarao, Cagayan, 94.88 kilometers (58.96 miles) to the East‑Northeast (N78°E)
Distance from Manila: 315.68 kilometers (196.16 miles) to the South (S2°E)
- Unless otherwise specified, population count (excluding percentages) and land area figures are derived from the Philippine Statistics Authority.
- Postal codes are from the Philippine Postal Corporation.