|Region||Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR)|
|Marine waterbodies||none (landlocked)|
|Area (2007)||114.37 km2|
(44.16 sq. mi)
|Density (2015)||18 per km2|
(47 per sq. mi)
|Coordinates||17° 28' North, 120° 56' East|
(17.4584 ° N, 120.9254 ° E)
above sea level
|(Jump to Map)|
Daguioman is a municipality in the landlocked province of Abra.
The municipality has a land area of 114.37 square kilometers or 44.16 square miles which constitutes 2.75% of Abra's total area. The 2015 Census records its population as 2,088 representing 0.87% of the total population of Abra province, or 0.12% of the overall population of the Cordillera Administrative Region. Based on such figures, the population density is computed at 18 inhabitants per square kilometer or 47 inhabitants per square mile.
Demographic profile of barangays
Daguioman has 4 barangays as shown in the following table.
The population of Daguioman grew from 1,003 in 1960 to 2,088 in 2015, an increase of 1,085 people. The latest census figures in 2015 denote a positive growth rate of 3.82%, or an increase of 373 people, from the previous population of 1,715 in 2010.
|Census date||Population||Growth rate|
|1960 Feb 15||1,003||–|
|1970 May 6||1,050||0.45%|
|1975 May 1||1,124||1.38%|
|1980 May 1||1,254||2.21%|
|1990 May 1||1,413||1.20%|
|1995 Sep 1||1,475||0.81%|
|2000 May 1||1,748||3.71%|
|2007 Aug 1||1,916||1.27%|
|2010 May 1||1,715||-3.95%|
|2015 Aug 1||2,088||3.82%|
The town center of Daguioman is situated at approximately 17° 28' North, 120° 56' East, which has an elevation estimated at 478.3 meters or 1,568.9 feet above mean sea level.
Based on the great-circle distance (the shortest distance between two points over the surface of the Earth), the cities closest to Daguioman are Tabuk, Candon, Vigan, Batac, Laoag, and Tuguegarao. The nearest municipalities are Bucloc, Malibcong, Boliney, Licuan-Baay, Sallapadan, and Lacub. Its distance from the national capital is 317.40 kilometers (197.22 miles). The following list delineates such distance measurements.
- Bucloc, Abra, 7.50 kilometers (4.66 miles) to the West‑Southwest (S75°W)
- Malibcong, Abra, 13.51 kilometers (8.39 miles) to the North‑Northeast (N30°E)
- Boliney, Abra, 14.25 kilometers (8.86 miles) to the Southwest (S52°W)
- Licuan-Baay, Abra, 16.70 kilometers (10.38 miles) to the North‑Northwest (N12°W)
- Sallapadan, Abra, 17.58 kilometers (10.93 miles) to the West (S89°W)
- Lacub, Abra, 22.81 kilometers (14.17 miles) to the North (N6°E)
- Tabuk, Kalinga, 55.32 kilometers (34.37 miles) to the East (S85°E)
- Candon, Ilocos Sur, 58.89 kilometers (36.59 miles) to the West‑Southwest (S60°W)
- Vigan, Ilocos Sur, 58.59 kilometers (36.41 miles) to the West‑Northwest (N77°W)
- Batac, Ilocos Norte, 76.51 kilometers (47.54 miles) to the North‑Northwest (N30°W)
- Laoag, Ilocos Norte, 89.03 kilometers (55.32 miles) to the North‑Northwest (N23°W)
- Tuguegarao, Cagayan, 87.40 kilometers (54.31 miles) to the East‑Northeast (N79°E)
Distance from Manila: 317.40 kilometers (197.22 miles) to the South (S1°E)
- Unless otherwise specified, population count (excluding percentages) and land area figures are derived from the Philippine Statistics Authority.
- Postal codes are from the Philippine Postal Corporation.