|Region||Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR)|
|Marine waterbodies||none (landlocked)|
|Area (2007)||114.37 km2 (44.16 sq mi)|
|Density (2015)||18 / km2 (47 / sq mi)|
|Coordinates||17° 28' North, 120° 56' East (17.4584, 120.9254)|
|Estimated elevation above sea level||478.3 meters (1,568.9 feet)|
Daguioman is a municipality in the landlocked province of Abra.
The municipality has a land area of 114.37 square kilometers or 44.16 square miles which constitutes 2.75% of Abra's total area. Its population as determined by the 2015 Census was 2,088. This represented 0.87% of the total population of Abra province, or 0.12% of the overall population of the Cordillera Administrative Region. Based on these figures, the population density is computed at 18 inhabitants per square kilometer or 47 inhabitants per square mile.
Daguioman has 4 barangays as shown in the following table.
Demographic profile of barangays
The population of Daguioman grew from 1,003 in 1960 to 2,088 in 2015, an increase of 1,085 people. The latest census figures in 2015 denote a positive growth rate of 3.82%, or an increase of 373 people, from the previous population of 1,715 in 2010.
|Census date||Population||Growth rate|
The municipal center of Daguioman is situated at approximately 17° 28' North, 120° 56' East, in the island of Luzon. Elevation at these coordinates is estimated at 478.3 meters or 1,568.9 feet above mean sea level.
Based on the great-circle distance (the shortest distance between two points over the surface of the Earth), the cities closest to Daguioman are Tabuk, Candon, Vigan, Batac, Laoag, and Tuguegarao. The nearest municipalities are Bucloc, Malibcong, Boliney, Licuan-Baay, Sallapadan, and Lacub. Its distance from the national capital is 317.40 kilometers (197.22 miles). The following list delineates such distance measurements.
- Bucloc, Abra, 7.50 kilometers (4.66 miles) to the West‑Southwest (S75°W)
- Malibcong, Abra, 13.51 kilometers (8.39 miles) to the North‑Northeast (N30°E)
- Boliney, Abra, 14.25 kilometers (8.86 miles) to the Southwest (S52°W)
- Licuan-Baay, Abra, 16.70 kilometers (10.38 miles) to the North‑Northwest (N12°W)
- Sallapadan, Abra, 17.58 kilometers (10.93 miles) to the West (S89°W)
- Lacub, Abra, 22.81 kilometers (14.17 miles) to the North (N6°E)
- Tabuk, Kalinga, 55.32 kilometers (34.37 miles) to the East (S85°E)
- Candon, Ilocos Sur, 58.89 kilometers (36.59 miles) to the West‑Southwest (S60°W)
- Vigan, Ilocos Sur, 58.59 kilometers (36.41 miles) to the West‑Northwest (N77°W)
- Batac, Ilocos Norte, 76.51 kilometers (47.54 miles) to the North‑Northwest (N30°W)
- Laoag, Ilocos Norte, 89.03 kilometers (55.32 miles) to the North‑Northwest (N23°W)
- Tuguegarao, Cagayan, 87.40 kilometers (54.31 miles) to the East‑Northeast (N79°E)
Distance from Manila: 317.40 kilometers (197.22 miles) to the South (S1°E)
- Population (2015): 2,088, ranked 1,627 out of 1,634
- Land area (2007): 44.16 square kilometers, ranked 941 out of 1,634
- Population density (2015): 18 inhabitants per square kilometer, ranked 1,611 out of 1,634
- Annual population growth rate (2010 to 2015): 3.82%, ranked 63 out of 1,634
- Unless otherwise specified, population count (excluding percentages) and land area figures are derived from the Philippine Statistics Authority.
- Postal codes are from the Philippine Postal Corporation.