|Region||Caraga (Region XIII)|
|Province||Agusan del Norte|
|Marine waterbodies||none (landlocked)|
|Area (2007)||79.15 km2 (30.56 sq mi)|
|Density (2015)||203 / km2 (525 / sq mi)|
|Coordinates||9° 3' North, 125° 35' East (9.0518, 125.5850)|
|Estimated elevation above sea level||12.4 meters (40.7 feet)|
Remedios T. Romualdez is a landlocked municipality in the coastal province of Agusan del Norte.
The municipality has a land area of 79.15 square kilometers or 30.56 square miles which constitutes 2.90% of Agusan del Norte's total area. Its population as determined by the 2015 Census was 16,058. This represented 4.53% of the total population of Agusan del Norte province, or 0.62% of the overall population of the Caraga region. Based on these figures, the population density is computed at 203 inhabitants per square kilometer or 525 inhabitants per square mile.
Remedios T. Romualdez has 8 barangays as shown in the following table.
Demographic profile of barangays
|Barangay||Population percentage (2015)||Population (2015)||Population (2010)||Change (2010‑2015)||Annual Population Growth Rate (2010‑2015)|
|Remedios T. Romualdez Total||16,058||15,735||2.05%||0.39%|
The population of Santiago grew from 5,005 in 1970 to 24,200 in 2015, an increase of 19,195 people. The latest census figures in 2015 denote a positive growth rate of 2.78%, or an increase of 3,245 people, from the previous population of 20,955 in 2010.
|Census date||Population||Growth rate|
The municipal center of Remedios T. Romualdez is situated at approximately 9° 3' North, 125° 35' East, in the island of Mindanao. Elevation at these coordinates is estimated at 12.4 meters or 40.7 feet above mean sea level.
Based on the great-circle distance (the shortest distance between two points over the surface of the Earth), the cities closest to Remedios T. Romualdez are Cabadbaran, Butuan, Bayugan, Gingoog, Tandag, and Surigao City. The nearest municipalities are Magallanes, Tubay, Buenavista, Santiago, Nasipit, and Sibagat. Its distance from the national capital is 791.85 kilometers (492.03 miles). The following list delineates such distance measurements.
- Magallanes, Agusan del Norte, 8.06 kilometers (5.01 miles) to the West‑Southwest (S66°W)
- Tubay, Agusan del Norte, 14.28 kilometers (8.87 miles) to the North‑Northwest (N29°W)
- Buenavista, Agusan del Norte, 21.16 kilometers (13.15 miles) to the West‑Southwest (S66°W)
- Santiago, Agusan del Norte, 23.78 kilometers (14.78 miles) to the North (N7°W)
- Nasipit, Agusan del Norte, 27.75 kilometers (17.24 miles) to the West‑Southwest (S75°W)
- Sibagat, Agusan del Sur, 28.10 kilometers (17.46 miles) to the South‑Southeast (S25°E)
- Cabadbaran, Agusan del Norte, 9.61 kilometers (5.97 miles) to the Northwest (N35°W)
- Butuan, 12.52 kilometers (7.78 miles) to the South‑Southwest (S29°W)
- Bayugan, Agusan del Sur, 41.41 kilometers (25.73 miles) to the South‑Southeast (S26°E)
- Gingoog, Misamis Oriental, 58.61 kilometers (36.42 miles) to the West‑Southwest (S65°W)
- Tandag, Surigao del Sur, 67.42 kilometers (41.89 miles) to the East (N87°E)
- Surigao City, Surigao del Norte, 82.05 kilometers (50.98 miles) to the North (N7°W)
Distance from Manila: 791.85 kilometers (492.03 miles) to the Northwest (N39°W)
- Population (2015): 16,058, ranked 1,383 out of 1,634
- Land area (2007): 30.56 square kilometers, ranked 1,180 out of 1,634
- Population density (2015): 203 inhabitants per square kilometer, ranked 968 out of 1,634
- Annual population growth rate (2010 to 2015): 0.39%, ranked 1,440 out of 1,634
- Unless otherwise specified, population count (excluding percentages) and land area figures are derived from the Philippine Statistics Authority.
- Postal codes are from the Philippine Postal Corporation.