|Region||Caraga (Region XIII)|
|Province||Agusan del Norte|
|Marine waterbodies||none (landlocked)|
|Area (2007)||79.15 km2|
(30.56 sq. mi)
|Density (2015)||203 per km2|
(525 per sq. mi)
|Coordinates||9° 3' North, 125° 35' East|
(9.0518 ° N, 125.5850 ° E)
above sea level
|(Jump to Map)|
Remedios T. Romualdez is a landlocked municipality in the coastal province of Agusan del Norte.
The municipality has a land area of 79.15 square kilometers or 30.56 square miles which constitutes 2.90% of Agusan del Norte's total area. The 2015 Census records its population as 16,058 representing 4.53% of the total population of Agusan del Norte province, or 0.62% of the overall population of the Caraga region. Based on such figures, the population density is computed at 203 inhabitants per square kilometer or 525 inhabitants per square mile.
Demographic profile of barangays
Remedios T. Romualdez has 8 barangays as shown in the following table.
|Remedios T. Romualdez Total||16,058||15,735||2.05%||0.39%|
The population of Santiago grew from 5,005 in 1970 to 24,200 in 2015, an increase of 19,195 people. The latest census figures in 2015 denote a positive growth rate of 2.78%, or an increase of 3,245 people, from the previous population of 20,955 in 2010.
|Census date||Population||Growth rate|
|1960 Feb 15||–||–|
|1970 May 6||5,005||–|
|1975 May 1||6,470||5.29%|
|1980 May 1||7,663||3.44%|
|1990 May 1||12,775||5.24%|
|1995 Sep 1||15,616||3.83%|
|2000 May 1||17,925||3.00%|
|2007 Aug 1||18,931||0.76%|
|2010 May 1||20,955||3.77%|
|2015 Aug 1||24,200||2.78%|
The town center of Remedios T. Romualdez is situated at approximately 9° 3' North, 125° 35' East, which has an elevation estimated at 12.4 meters or 40.7 feet above mean sea level.
Based on the great-circle distance (the shortest distance between two points over the surface of the Earth), the cities closest to Remedios T. Romualdez are Cabadbaran, Butuan, Bayugan, Gingoog, Tandag, and Surigao City. The nearest municipalities are Magallanes, Tubay, Buenavista, Santiago, Nasipit, and Sibagat. Its distance from the national capital is 791.85 kilometers (492.03 miles). The following list delineates such distance measurements.
- Magallanes, Agusan del Norte, 8.06 kilometers (5.01 miles) to the West‑Southwest (S66°W)
- Tubay, Agusan del Norte, 14.28 kilometers (8.87 miles) to the North‑Northwest (N29°W)
- Buenavista, Agusan del Norte, 21.16 kilometers (13.15 miles) to the West‑Southwest (S66°W)
- Santiago, Agusan del Norte, 23.78 kilometers (14.78 miles) to the North (N7°W)
- Nasipit, Agusan del Norte, 27.75 kilometers (17.24 miles) to the West‑Southwest (S75°W)
- Sibagat, Agusan del Sur, 28.10 kilometers (17.46 miles) to the South‑Southeast (S25°E)
- Cabadbaran, Agusan del Norte, 9.61 kilometers (5.97 miles) to the Northwest (N35°W)
- Butuan, 12.52 kilometers (7.78 miles) to the South‑Southwest (S29°W)
- Bayugan, Agusan del Sur, 41.41 kilometers (25.73 miles) to the South‑Southeast (S26°E)
- Gingoog, Misamis Oriental, 58.61 kilometers (36.42 miles) to the West‑Southwest (S65°W)
- Tandag, Surigao del Sur, 67.42 kilometers (41.89 miles) to the East (N87°E)
- Surigao City, Surigao del Norte, 82.05 kilometers (50.98 miles) to the North (N7°W)
Distance from Manila: 791.85 kilometers (492.03 miles) to the Northwest (N39°W)
- Unless otherwise specified, population count (excluding percentages) and land area figures are derived from the Philippine Statistics Authority.
- Postal codes are from the Philippine Postal Corporation.