|Region||Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR)|
|Marine waterbodies||none (landlocked)|
|Area (2007)||63.77 km2 (24.62 sq mi)|
|Density (2015)||39 / km2 (102 / sq mi)|
|Coordinates||17° 26' North, 120° 51' East (17.4409, 120.8572)|
|Estimated elevation above sea level||339.9 meters (1,115.0 feet)|
Bucloc is a municipality in the landlocked province of Abra.
The municipality has a land area of 63.77 square kilometers or 24.62 square miles which constitutes 1.53% of Abra's total area. Its population as determined by the 2015 Census was 2,501. This represented 1.04% of the total population of Abra province, or 0.15% of the overall population of the Cordillera Administrative Region. Based on these figures, the population density is computed at 39 inhabitants per square kilometer or 102 inhabitants per square mile.
Bucloc has 4 barangays as shown in the following table.
Demographic profile of barangays
The population of Bucloc grew from 1,152 in 1960 to 2,501 in 2015, an increase of 1,349 people. The latest census figures in 2015 denote a positive growth rate of 2.69%, or an increase of 325 people, from the previous population of 2,176 in 2010.
|Census date||Population||Growth rate|
The municipal center of Bucloc is situated at approximately 17° 26' North, 120° 51' East, in the island of Luzon. Elevation at these coordinates is estimated at 339.9 meters or 1,115.0 feet above mean sea level.
Based on the great-circle distance (the shortest distance between two points over the surface of the Earth), the cities closest to Bucloc are Candon, Vigan, Tabuk, Batac, Laoag, and Tuguegarao. The nearest municipalities are Daguioman, Boliney, Sallapadan, Manabo, Licuan-Baay, and Bucay. Its distance from the national capital is 315.68 kilometers (196.16 miles). The following list delineates such distance measurements.
- Daguioman, Abra, 7.50 kilometers (4.66 miles) to the East‑Northeast (N75°E)
- Boliney, Abra, 7.92 kilometers (4.92 miles) to the South‑Southwest (S30°W)
- Sallapadan, Abra, 10.45 kilometers (6.50 miles) to the West (N81°W)
- Manabo, Abra, 16.21 kilometers (10.07 miles) to the West (S87°W)
- Licuan-Baay, Abra, 18.68 kilometers (11.61 miles) to the North‑Northeast (N12°E)
- Bucay, Abra, 18.44 kilometers (11.46 miles) to the Northwest (N54°W)
- Candon, Ilocos Sur, 51.69 kilometers (32.12 miles) to the West‑Southwest (S57°W)
- Vigan, Ilocos Sur, 52.06 kilometers (32.35 miles) to the West‑Northwest (N74°W)
- Tabuk, Kalinga, 62.42 kilometers (38.78 miles) to the East (S87°E)
- Batac, Ilocos Norte, 74.91 kilometers (46.55 miles) to the North‑Northwest (N24°W)
- Laoag, Ilocos Norte, 88.26 kilometers (54.84 miles) to the North‑Northwest (N18°W)
- Tuguegarao, Cagayan, 94.88 kilometers (58.96 miles) to the East‑Northeast (N78°E)
Distance from Manila: 315.68 kilometers (196.16 miles) to the South (S2°E)
- Population (2015): 2,501, ranked 1,626 out of 1,634
- Land area (2007): 24.62 square kilometers, ranked 1,288 out of 1,634
- Population density (2015): 39 inhabitants per square kilometer, ranked 1,561 out of 1,634
- Annual population growth rate (2010 to 2015): 2.69%, ranked 168 out of 1,634
- Unless otherwise specified, population count (excluding percentages) and land area figures are derived from the Philippine Statistics Authority.
- Postal codes are from the Philippine Postal Corporation.