|Region||Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR)|
|Marine waterbodies||none (landlocked)|
|Area (2013)||2,618.01 km2 (1,010.82 sq mi)|
|Density (2020)||79 / km2 (205 / sq mi)|
Ifugao is a province in the Philippines situated in the Cordillera Administrative Region occupying the northern-central section of Luzon. Its capital is the Municipality of Lagawe.
The province has a land area of 2,618.01 square kilometers or 1,010.82 square miles. Its population as determined by the 2020 Census was 207,498. This represented 11.54% of the total population of the Cordillera Administrative Region, 0.33% of the overall population of the Luzon island group, or 0.19% of the entire population of the Philippines. Based on these figures, the population density is computed at 79 inhabitants per square kilometer or 205 inhabitants per square mile.
Ifugao is bordered, clockwise from the North, by Mountain Province, Isabela, Nueva Vizcaya, and Benguet.
Local government units
Ifugao has 11 municipalities. The total number of barangays in the province is 176.
|Name||Type||Population (2020)||Population (2015)||Annual Population Growth Rate (2015‑2020)||Area (2013), in km2||Density (2020), per km2||Brgy count|
The annual regular revenue of Ifugao for the fiscal year of 2016 was ₱733,526,970.49.
|Fiscal Year||Annual Regular Income||Change|
Population by age group
According to the 2015 Census, the age group with the highest population in Ifugao is 5 to 9, with 22,606 individuals. Conversely, the age group with the lowest population is 75 to 79, with 1,864 individuals.
|Age group||Population (2015)||Age group percentage|
|1 to 4||18,237||8.99%|
|5 to 9||22,606||11.15%|
|10 to 14||21,776||10.74%|
|15 to 19||21,119||10.41%|
|20 to 24||21,026||10.37%|
|25 to 29||18,150||8.95%|
|30 to 34||14,368||7.08%|
|35 to 39||12,467||6.15%|
|40 to 44||10,207||5.03%|
|45 to 49||9,217||4.54%|
|50 to 54||8,025||3.96%|
|55 to 59||6,628||3.27%|
|60 to 64||5,065||2.50%|
|65 to 69||3,448||1.70%|
|70 to 74||2,257||1.11%|
|75 to 79||1,864||0.92%|
|80 and over||2,149||1.06%|
The population of Ifugao grew from 30,528 in 1903 to 207,498 in 2020, an increase of 176,970 people over the course of 117 years. The latest census figures in 2020 denote a positive growth rate of 0.48%, or an increase of 4,696 people, from the previous population of 202,802 in 2015.
|Census date||Population||Growth rate|
The total number of registered voters or electorate in Ifugao for the year 2019 was 124,289.
As of December 2016, the National Roads in Ifugao are:
- Kalinga-Cagayan Road (Calanan-Enrile Section)
- Kalinga-Abra Road
- Mountain Province Boundary-Calanan-Pinukpuk-Abbut Road (Cagaluan-Calanan Section)
- Mountain Province Boundary-Calanan-Pinukpuk-Abbut Road (Calanan-Pinukpuk Section)
- Mountain Province Boundary-Calanan-Pinukpuk-Abbut Road (Pinukpuk-Abbut Section)
- Mountain Province Boundary-Calanan-Pinukpuk-Abbut Road
- Balbalan-Pinukpuk Road
- Bulanao-Paracelis Road
- Bulo National Road (Agbannawag-Bulo-Callagdao Section)
- Calanan-Enrile Road (Channelization)
- Lubuagan-Batong Buhay-Abra Boundary Road
- Malalao National Road (Agbannawag-Malalao-Bulo Section)
- Nambaran-Isabela Road
- Rizal National Road (Babalag-Kinama-San Francisco Section)
- Rizal National Road (Liwan West-Babalag-Macutay Section)
- Rizal National Road (Liwan West-Macutay Section Channel)
- Rizal National Road (Romualdez-Santor-Calaocan-San Pascual Section)
- Tabuk-Banawe via Tanudan-Barlig Road
- Unless otherwise specified, population count (excluding percentages) and land area figures are derived from the Philippine Statistics Authority.
- Data on registered voters is from the Commission on Elections.
- Maps utilize OpenStreetMap data available under the Open Data Commons Open Database License.
- Data on National Roads is from the Department of Public Works and Highways.