|Region||Ilocos Region (Region I)|
|Philippine major island(s)||Luzon|
Santo Niño is a barangay in the municipality of Nueva Era, in the province of Ilocos Norte. Its population as determined by the 2015 Census was 962. This represented 10.12% of the total population of Nueva Era.
Population by age group
According to the 2015 Census, the age group with the highest population in Santo Niño is 15 to 19, with 121 individuals. Conversely, the age group with the lowest population is 75 to 79, with 12 individuals.
|Age group||Population (2015)|
|1 to 4||89|
|5 to 9||100|
|10 to 14||107|
|15 to 19||121|
|20 to 24||115|
|25 to 29||72|
|30 to 34||47|
|35 to 39||56|
|40 to 44||53|
|45 to 49||45|
|50 to 54||40|
|55 to 59||21|
|60 to 64||23|
|65 to 69||17|
|70 to 74||14|
|75 to 79||12|
|80 and over||15|
The population of Santo Niño grew from 248 in 1990 to 962 in 2015, an increase of 714 people. The latest census figures in 2015 denote a positive growth rate of 7.59%, or an increase of 307 people, from the previous population of 655 in 2010.
|Census date||Population||Growth rate|
Santo Niño is situated at approximately 18.0304, 120.8614, in the island of Luzon. Elevation at these coordinates is estimated at 1,136.4 meters or 3,728.3 feet above mean sea level.
Santo Niño shares a common border with the following barangay(s):
- Maananteng, Solsona, Ilocos Norte
- Lipay, Solsona, Ilocos Norte
- San Julian, Solsona, Ilocos Norte
- San Francisco (Surrate), Dingras, Ilocos Norte
- Catangraran, Solsona, Ilocos Norte
- Santa Ana, Solsona, Ilocos Norte
- Manalpac, Solsona, Ilocos Norte
- Cacafean, Marcos, Ilocos Norte
- Cabittauran, Nueva Era, Ilocos Norte
- Valdez, Banna, Ilocos Norte
- San Marcelino (Padong), Dingras, Ilocos Norte
- Tubang, Calanasan, Apayao
- Butao, Calanasan, Apayao
- Musimut, Kabugao, Apayao
- Namaltugan, Calanasan, Apayao
- Kabugawan, Calanasan, Apayao
- Caganayan, Tineg, Abra
- Anayan, Tineg, Abra
- Barbaqueso (Poblacion), Carasi, Ilocos Norte
- Data on population is from the Philippine Statistics Authority.
- Postal code information is from the Philippine Postal Corporation.