|Region||Ilocos Region (Region I)|
|Philippine major island(s)||Luzon|
Santa Monica, formerly Nagrebcan, is a barangay in the municipality of San Nicolas, in the province of Ilocos Norte. Its population as determined by the 2015 Census was 2,001. This represented 5.45% of the total population of San Nicolas.
Population by age group
According to the 2015 Census, the age group with the highest population in Santa Monica is 5 to 9, with 229 individuals. Conversely, the age group with the lowest population is 75 to 79, with 16 individuals.
|Age group||Population (2015)|
|1 to 4||174|
|5 to 9||229|
|10 to 14||186|
|15 to 19||172|
|20 to 24||149|
|25 to 29||181|
|30 to 34||174|
|35 to 39||162|
|40 to 44||111|
|45 to 49||94|
|50 to 54||97|
|55 to 59||74|
|60 to 64||47|
|65 to 69||37|
|70 to 74||29|
|75 to 79||16|
|80 and over||24|
The population of Santa Monica grew from 1,039 in 1990 to 2,001 in 2015, an increase of 962 people. The latest census figures in 2015 denote a positive growth rate of 4.07%, or an increase of 378 people, from the previous population of 1,623 in 2010.
|Census date||Population||Growth rate|
Santa Monica is situated at approximately 18.1619, 120.6122, in the island of Luzon. Elevation at these coordinates is estimated at 27.8 meters or 91.2 feet above mean sea level.
Santa Monica shares a common border with the following barangay(s):
- Santa Cecilia (Barabar), San Nicolas, Ilocos Norte
- San Guillermo, San Nicolas, Ilocos Norte
- San Manuel, Sarrat, Ilocos Norte
- San Antonio, Sarrat, Ilocos Norte
- San Juan Bautista (Poblacion), San Nicolas, Ilocos Norte
- Barangay No. 54-B, Camangaan, Laoag, Ilocos Norte
- San Lucas (Poblacion), San Nicolas, Ilocos Norte
- San Rufino (Poblacion), San Nicolas, Ilocos Norte
- San Miguel (Poblacion), San Nicolas, Ilocos Norte
- Barangay No. 53, Rioeng, Laoag, Ilocos Norte
- Barangay No. 52-A, San Mateo, Laoag, Ilocos Norte
- Data on population is from the Philippine Statistics Authority.
- Postal code information is from the Philippine Postal Corporation.