|Region||Cagayan Valley (Region II)|
|Marine waterbodies||South China Sea, Luzon Strait|
|Area (2007)||16.54 km2 (6.39 sq mi)|
|Density (2015)||80 / km2 (208 / sq mi)|
|Coordinates||20° 22' North, 121° 55' East (20.3711, 121.9142)|
|Estimated elevation above sea level||9.9 meters (32.4 feet)|
Ivana is a coastal municipality in the island province of Batanes.
The municipality has a land area of 16.54 square kilometers or 6.39 square miles which constitutes 7.55% of Batanes's total area. Its population as determined by the 2015 Census was 1,327. This represented 7.69% of the total population of Batanes province, or 0.04% of the overall population of the Cagayan Valley region. Based on these figures, the population density is computed at 80 inhabitants per square kilometer or 208 inhabitants per square mile.
Ivana has 4 barangays as shown in the following table.
Demographic profile of barangays
The population of Ivana grew from 1,039 in 1960 to 1,327 in 2015, an increase of 288 people. The latest census figures in 2015 denote a positive growth rate of 1.16%, or an increase of 78 people, from the previous population of 1,249 in 2010.
|Census date||Population||Growth rate|
The municipal center of Ivana is situated at approximately 20° 22' North, 121° 55' East, in the island of Batan. Elevation at these coordinates is estimated at 9.9 meters or 32.4 feet above mean sea level.
Based on the great-circle distance (the shortest distance between two points over the surface of the Earth), the cities closest to Ivana are Laoag, Batac, Tuguegarao, Tabuk, Vigan, and Ilagan. The nearest municipalities are Uyugan, Mahatao, Sabtang, Basco, Itbayat, and Calayan. Its distance from the national capital is 647.40 kilometers (402.28 miles). The following list delineates such distance measurements.
- Uyugan, Batanes, 3.54 kilometers (2.20 miles) to the Southeast (S48°E)
- Mahatao, Batanes, 6.07 kilometers (3.77 miles) to the Northeast (N35°E)
- Sabtang, Batanes, 6.03 kilometers (3.75 miles) to the Southwest (S45°W)
- Basco, Batanes, 10.55 kilometers (6.55 miles) to the North‑Northeast (N33°E)
- Itbayat, Batanes, 46.55 kilometers (28.92 miles) to the North (N9°W)
- Calayan, Cagayan, 131.10 kilometers (81.46 miles) to the South‑Southwest (S20°W)
- Laoag, Ilocos Norte, 277.80 kilometers (172.61 miles) to the South‑Southwest (S30°W)
- Batac, Ilocos Norte, 292.91 kilometers (182.01 miles) to the South‑Southwest (S29°W)
- Tuguegarao, Cagayan, 305.95 kilometers (190.11 miles) to the South (S4°W)
- Tabuk, Kalinga, 331.09 kilometers (205.73 miles) to the South (S9°W)
- Vigan, Ilocos Sur, 349.01 kilometers (216.86 miles) to the South‑Southwest (S28°W)
- Ilagan, Isabela, 357.19 kilometers (221.95 miles) to the South (S0°W)
Distance from Manila: 647.40 kilometers (402.28 miles) to the South (S9°W)
- Population (2015): 1,327, ranked 1,632 out of 1,634
- Land area (2007): 6.39 square kilometers, ranked 1,604 out of 1,634
- Population density (2015): 80 inhabitants per square kilometer, ranked 1,406 out of 1,634
- Annual population growth rate (2010 to 2015): 1.16%, ranked 935 out of 1,634
- Unless otherwise specified, population count (excluding percentages) and land area figures are derived from the Philippine Statistics Authority.
- Postal codes are from the Philippine Postal Corporation.