|Region||Central Luzon (Region III)|
|Philippine major island(s)||Luzon|
|Coordinates||15.9073, 120.9895 (15° 54' North, 120° 59' East)|
|Estimated elevation above sea level||299.1 meters (981.3 feet)|
Puncan is a barangay in the municipality of Carranglan, in the province of Nueva Ecija. Its population as determined by the 2020 Census was 5,001. This represented 11.79% of the total population of Carranglan.
The household population of Puncan in the 2015 Census was 4,766 broken down into 1,108 households or an average of 4.30 members per household.
|Census date||Household population||Number of households||Average household size|
Population by age group
According to the 2015 Census, the age group with the highest population in Puncan is 20 to 24, with 528 individuals. Conversely, the age group with the lowest population is 80 and over, with 28 individuals.
|Age group||Population (2015)||Age group percentage|
|1 to 4||405||8.50%|
|5 to 9||485||10.18%|
|10 to 14||510||10.70%|
|15 to 19||504||10.57%|
|20 to 24||528||11.08%|
|25 to 29||372||7.81%|
|30 to 34||313||6.57%|
|35 to 39||293||6.15%|
|40 to 44||283||5.94%|
|45 to 49||233||4.89%|
|50 to 54||237||4.97%|
|55 to 59||194||4.07%|
|60 to 64||119||2.50%|
|65 to 69||67||1.41%|
|70 to 74||35||0.73%|
|75 to 79||56||1.17%|
|80 and over||28||0.59%|
The population of Puncan grew from 2,738 in 1990 to 5,001 in 2020, an increase of 2,263 people over the course of 30 years. The latest census figures in 2020 denote a positive growth rate of 1.02%, or an increase of 235 people, from the previous population of 4,766 in 2015.
|Census date||Population||Growth rate|
Puncan is situated at approximately 15.9073, 120.9895, in the island of Luzon. Elevation at these coordinates is estimated at 299.1 meters or 981.3 feet above mean sea level.
Puncan shares a common border with the following barangay(s):
- Conversion, Pantabangan, Nueva Ecija
- General Luna, Carranglan, Nueva Ecija
- R. A. Padilla (Baluarte), Carranglan, Nueva Ecija
- Poblacion East, Pantabangan, Nueva Ecija
- Tayabo, San Jose, Nueva Ecija
- D. L. Maglanoc Poblacion (Barangay III), Carranglan, Nueva Ecija
- G. S. Rosario Poblacion (Barangay IV), Carranglan, Nueva Ecija
- Villa Floresca, San Jose, Nueva Ecija
- Parista, Lupao, Nueva Ecija
- Balbalungao, Lupao, Nueva Ecija
- Santo Niño 3rd, San Jose, Nueva Ecija
- J. U. Tienzo (Arimal), Lupao, Nueva Ecija
- Namulandayan, Lupao, Nueva Ecija
- Cordero, Lupao, Nueva Ecija
- Joson (Digidig), Carranglan, Nueva Ecija
- Data on population, and households, are from the Philippine Statistics Authority.
- Postal code information is from the Philippine Postal Corporation.