|Region||CALABARZON (Region IV‑A)|
|Municipality||General Mariano Alvarez|
|Philippine major island(s)||Luzon|
Francisco de Castro, formerly Sunshine Vill., is a barangay in the municipality of General Mariano Alvarez, in the province of Cavite. Its population as determined by the 2015 Census was 8,886. This represented 5.73% of the total population of General Mariano Alvarez.
Population by age group
According to the 2015 Census, the age group with the highest population in Francisco de Castro is 20 to 24, with 983 individuals. Conversely, the age group with the lowest population is 80 and over, with 57 individuals.
|Age group||Population (2015)|
|1 to 4||621|
|5 to 9||715|
|10 to 14||832|
|15 to 19||900|
|20 to 24||983|
|25 to 29||896|
|30 to 34||653|
|35 to 39||477|
|40 to 44||466|
|45 to 49||470|
|50 to 54||543|
|55 to 59||484|
|60 to 64||343|
|65 to 69||161|
|70 to 74||80|
|75 to 79||74|
|80 and over||57|
The population of Francisco de Castro grew from 3,833 in 1990 to 8,886 in 2015, an increase of 5,053 people. The latest census figures in 2015 denote a positive growth rate of 0.48%, or an increase of 220 people, from the previous population of 8,666 in 2010.
|Census date||Population||Growth rate|
Francisco de Castro is situated at approximately 14.3157, 121.0255, in the island of Luzon. Elevation at these coordinates is estimated at 80.5 meters or 264.1 feet above mean sea level.
Francisco de Castro shares a common border with the following barangay(s):
- San Francisco (Halang), Biñan, Laguna
- San Jose, General Mariano Alvarez, Cavite
- Cabilang Baybay, Carmona, Cavite
- Koronel Jose P. Elises (Area E), General Mariano Alvarez, Cavite
- Fiorello Calimag (Area C), General Mariano Alvarez, Cavite
- Francisco Reyes, General Mariano Alvarez, Cavite
- Epifanio Malia, General Mariano Alvarez, Cavite
- Macario Dacon, General Mariano Alvarez, Cavite
- Aldiano Olaes, General Mariano Alvarez, Cavite
- Data on population is from the Philippine Statistics Authority.
- Postal code information is from the Philippine Postal Corporation.