|Region||Bicol Region (Region V)|
|Philippine major island(s)||Catanduanes|
Obi is a barangay in the municipality of Caramoran, in the province of Catanduanes. Its population as determined by the 2015 Census was 1,425. This represented 4.74% of the total population of Caramoran.
Population by age group
According to the 2015 Census, the age group with the highest population in Obi is 5 to 9, with 209 individuals. Conversely, the age group with the lowest population is 80 and over, with 2 individuals.
|Age group||Population (2015)|
|1 to 4||157|
|5 to 9||209|
|10 to 14||194|
|15 to 19||159|
|20 to 24||113|
|25 to 29||88|
|30 to 34||80|
|35 to 39||85|
|40 to 44||63|
|45 to 49||60|
|50 to 54||55|
|55 to 59||40|
|60 to 64||23|
|65 to 69||25|
|70 to 74||15|
|75 to 79||11|
|80 and over||2|
The population of Obi grew from 885 in 1990 to 1,425 in 2015, an increase of 540 people. The latest census figures in 2015 denote a positive growth rate of 0.86%, or an increase of 63 people, from the previous population of 1,362 in 2010.
|Census date||Population||Growth rate|
Obi is situated at approximately 13.7501, 124.1976, in the island of Catanduanes. Elevation at these coordinates is estimated at 611.2 meters or 2,005.2 feet above mean sea level.
Obi shares a common border with the following barangay(s):
- Barihay, San Andres, Catanduanes
- Dugui San Vicente, Virac, Catanduanes
- Dugui San Isidro, Virac, Catanduanes
- Dugui Too, Virac, Catanduanes
- Salvacion, Caramoran, Catanduanes
- Bulalacao, Caramoran, Catanduanes
- J. M. Alberto, San Miguel, Catanduanes
- Paraiso, San Miguel, Catanduanes
- San Marcos, San Miguel, Catanduanes
- Dororian, Gigmoto, Catanduanes
- San Pedro, Gigmoto, Catanduanes
- Progreso, San Miguel, Catanduanes
- Pedro Vera (Summit), Viga, Catanduanes
- Manambrag, San Andres, Catanduanes
- Cabungahan, San Andres, Catanduanes
- Lubas, San Andres, Catanduanes
- Iyao, Caramoran, Catanduanes
- Data on population is from the Philippine Statistics Authority.
- Postal code information is from the Philippine Postal Corporation.