|Region||Bicol Region (Region V)|
|Philippine major island(s)||Luzon|
San Juan, formerly fr. the mun. of Bacon, is a barangay in Sorsogon City, in the province of Sorsogon. Its population as determined by the 2015 Census was 2,040. This represented 1.21% of the total population of Sorsogon City.
Population by age group
According to the 2015 Census, the age group with the highest population in San Juan is 10 to 14, with 242 individuals. Conversely, the age group with the lowest population is 80 and over, with 15 individuals.
|Age group||Population (2015)|
|1 to 4||187|
|5 to 9||225|
|10 to 14||242|
|15 to 19||221|
|20 to 24||190|
|25 to 29||155|
|30 to 34||135|
|35 to 39||107|
|40 to 44||118|
|45 to 49||87|
|50 to 54||100|
|55 to 59||69|
|60 to 64||55|
|65 to 69||46|
|70 to 74||25|
|75 to 79||28|
|80 and over||15|
The population of San Juan grew from 1,715 in 1990 to 2,040 in 2015, an increase of 325 people. The latest census figures in 2015 denote a positive growth rate of 0.86%, or an increase of 90 people, from the previous population of 1,950 in 2010.
|Census date||Population||Growth rate|
San Juan is situated at approximately 13.0404, 123.9916, in the island of Luzon. Elevation at these coordinates is estimated at 559.3 meters or 1,835.0 feet above mean sea level.
San Juan shares a common border with the following barangay(s):
- Maricrum, Sorsogon City, Sorsogon
- Cabarbuhan, Sorsogon City, Sorsogon
- Santa Cruz, Sorsogon City, Sorsogon
- Santo Domingo, Sorsogon City, Sorsogon
- Osiao, Sorsogon City, Sorsogon
- Bibincahan, Sorsogon City, Sorsogon
- Burabod (Poblacion), Sorsogon City, Sorsogon
- Polvorista (Poblacion), Sorsogon City, Sorsogon
- Salog (Poblacion), Sorsogon City, Sorsogon
- Sulucan (Poblacion), Sorsogon City, Sorsogon
- Basud, Sorsogon City, Sorsogon
- Pangpang, Sorsogon City, Sorsogon
- Macabog, Sorsogon City, Sorsogon
- Data on population is from the Philippine Statistics Authority.
- Postal code information is from the Philippine Postal Corporation.