|Region||Caraga (Region XIII)|
|Province||Agusan del Norte|
|Philippine major island(s)||Mindanao|
Durian is a barangay in the municipality of Las Nieves, in the province of Agusan del Norte. Its population as determined by the 2015 Census was 2,085. This represented 7.34% of the total population of Las Nieves.
Population by age group
According to the 2015 Census, the age group with the highest population in Durian is 5 to 9, with 327 individuals. Conversely, the age group with the lowest population is 80 and over, with 4 individuals.
|Age group||Population (2015)|
|1 to 4||254|
|5 to 9||327|
|10 to 14||260|
|15 to 19||237|
|20 to 24||179|
|25 to 29||140|
|30 to 34||134|
|35 to 39||120|
|40 to 44||79|
|45 to 49||75|
|50 to 54||52|
|55 to 59||67|
|60 to 64||38|
|65 to 69||28|
|70 to 74||10|
|75 to 79||7|
|80 and over||4|
The population of Durian grew from 864 in 1990 to 2,085 in 2015, an increase of 1,221 people. The latest census figures in 2015 denote a positive growth rate of 3.12%, or an increase of 311 people, from the previous population of 1,774 in 2010.
|Census date||Population||Growth rate|
Durian is situated at approximately 8.7158, 125.3755, in the island of Mindanao. Elevation at these coordinates is estimated at 307.3 meters or 1,008.2 feet above mean sea level.
Durian shares a common border with the following barangay(s):
- Tungao, Butuan
- Consorcia, Las Nieves, Agusan del Norte
- Maningalao, Las Nieves, Agusan del Norte
- Ibuan, Las Nieves, Agusan del Norte
- Balungagan, Las Nieves, Agusan del Norte
- Lingayao, Las Nieves, Agusan del Norte
- Kalabuan, Esperanza, Agusan del Sur
- Simbalan, Buenavista, Agusan del Norte
- Balubo, Esperanza, Agusan del Sur
- Maasin, Esperanza, Agusan del Sur
- Bakingking, Esperanza, Agusan del Sur
- Agsabu, Esperanza, Agusan del Sur
- Guibonon, Esperanza, Agusan del Sur
- Kinamaybay, Esperanza, Agusan del Sur
- Minalwang, Claveria, Misamis Oriental
- Data on population is from the Philippine Statistics Authority.
- Postal code information is from the Philippine Postal Corporation.