|Region||Caraga (Region XIII)|
|Province||Agusan del Sur|
|Philippine major island(s)||Mindanao|
Tandang Sora is a barangay in the municipality of Esperanza, in the province of Agusan del Sur. Its population as determined by the 2015 Census was 768. This represented 1.40% of the total population of Esperanza.
Population by age group
According to the 2015 Census, the age group with the highest population in Tandang Sora is 5 to 9, with 105 individuals. Conversely, the age group with the lowest population is 80 and over, with 4 individuals.
|Age group||Population (2015)|
|1 to 4||91|
|5 to 9||105|
|10 to 14||96|
|15 to 19||74|
|20 to 24||71|
|25 to 29||53|
|30 to 34||39|
|35 to 39||37|
|40 to 44||35|
|45 to 49||36|
|50 to 54||29|
|55 to 59||18|
|60 to 64||20|
|65 to 69||14|
|70 to 74||11|
|75 to 79||8|
|80 and over||4|
The population of Tandang Sora grew from 616 in 1990 to 768 in 2015, an increase of 152 people. The latest census figures in 2015 denote a positive growth rate of 0.92%, or an increase of 36 people, from the previous population of 732 in 2010.
|Census date||Population||Growth rate|
Tandang Sora is situated at approximately 8.5581, 125.6737, in the island of Mindanao. Elevation at these coordinates is estimated at 19.0 meters or 62.3 feet above mean sea level.
Tandang Sora shares a common border with the following barangay(s):
- Mac-Arthur, Esperanza, Agusan del Sur
- Valentina, Esperanza, Agusan del Sur
- Don Pedro, San Luis, Agusan del Sur
- Wegguam, San Luis, Agusan del Sur
- Oro, Esperanza, Agusan del Sur
- Balit, San Luis, Agusan del Sur
- Dimasalang, San Luis, Agusan del Sur
- Policarpo, San Luis, Agusan del Sur
- Santa Rita, San Luis, Agusan del Sur
- Segunda, Esperanza, Agusan del Sur
- Data on population is from the Philippine Statistics Authority.
- Postal code information is from the Philippine Postal Corporation.