|Region||Caraga (Region XIII)|
|Province||Agusan del Sur|
|Philippine major island(s)||Mindanao|
Comota is a barangay in the municipality of La Paz, in the province of Agusan del Sur. Its population as determined by the 2015 Census was 1,641. This represented 5.82% of the total population of La Paz.
Population by age group
According to the 2015 Census, the age group with the highest population in Comota is 5 to 9, with 228 individuals. Conversely, the age group with the lowest population is 80 and over, with 5 individuals.
|Age group||Population (2015)|
|1 to 4||207|
|5 to 9||228|
|10 to 14||217|
|15 to 19||131|
|20 to 24||160|
|25 to 29||127|
|30 to 34||86|
|35 to 39||76|
|40 to 44||72|
|45 to 49||79|
|50 to 54||66|
|55 to 59||40|
|60 to 64||23|
|65 to 69||31|
|70 to 74||13|
|75 to 79||11|
|80 and over||5|
The population of Comota grew from 800 in 1990 to 1,641 in 2015, an increase of 841 people. The latest census figures in 2015 denote a negative growth rate of 4.11%, or a decrease of 405 people, from the previous population of 2,046 in 2010.
|Census date||Population||Growth rate|
Comota is situated at approximately 8.3468, 125.7813, in the island of Mindanao. Elevation at these coordinates is estimated at 37.2 meters or 122.0 feet above mean sea level.
Comota shares a common border with the following barangay(s):
- Sabang Adgawan, La Paz, Agusan del Sur
- Osmeña, Sr., La Paz, Agusan del Sur
- Poblacion, La Paz, Agusan del Sur
- Marbon, Talacogon, Agusan del Sur
- Desamparados, Talacogon, Agusan del Sur
- Langasian, La Paz, Agusan del Sur
- San Patricio, La Paz, Agusan del Sur
- Novele, Rosario, Agusan del Sur
- Sabang Gibung, Talacogon, Agusan del Sur
- Lydia, La Paz, Agusan del Sur
- Coalicion, San Luis, Agusan del Sur
- Data on population is from the Philippine Statistics Authority.
- Postal code information is from the Philippine Postal Corporation.