|Region||Caraga (Region XIII)|
|Province||Agusan del Sur|
|Philippine major island(s)||Mindanao|
Langasian is a barangay in the municipality of La Paz, in the province of Agusan del Sur. Its population as determined by the 2015 Census was 1,233. This represented 4.37% of the total population of La Paz.
Population by age group
According to the 2015 Census, the age group with the highest population in Langasian is 5 to 9, with 187 individuals. Conversely, the age group with the lowest population is 75 to 79, with 6 individuals.
|Age group||Population (2015)|
|1 to 4||170|
|5 to 9||187|
|10 to 14||145|
|15 to 19||121|
|20 to 24||121|
|25 to 29||100|
|30 to 34||56|
|35 to 39||55|
|40 to 44||60|
|45 to 49||66|
|50 to 54||36|
|55 to 59||24|
|60 to 64||21|
|65 to 69||13|
|70 to 74||15|
|75 to 79||6|
|80 and over||9|
The population of Langasian grew from 775 in 1990 to 1,233 in 2015, an increase of 458 people. The latest census figures in 2015 denote a positive growth rate of 2.50%, or an increase of 150 people, from the previous population of 1,083 in 2010.
|Census date||Population||Growth rate|
Langasian is situated at approximately 8.2704, 125.7143, in the island of Mindanao. Elevation at these coordinates is estimated at 46.2 meters or 151.6 feet above mean sea level.
Langasian shares a common border with the following barangay(s):
- Valentina, La Paz, Agusan del Sur
- Osmeña, Sr., La Paz, Agusan del Sur
- Comota, La Paz, Agusan del Sur
- San Patricio, La Paz, Agusan del Sur
- Halapitan, La Paz, Agusan del Sur
- Bataan, La Paz, Agusan del Sur
- Waloe, Loreto, Agusan del Sur
- Kasapa, Loreto, Agusan del Sur
- Kasapa II, La Paz, Agusan del Sur
- Angeles, La Paz, Agusan del Sur
- Lydia, La Paz, Agusan del Sur
- Data on population is from the Philippine Statistics Authority.
- Postal code information is from the Philippine Postal Corporation.