|Region||Caraga (Region XIII)|
|Province||Agusan del Sur|
|Philippine major island(s)||Mindanao|
Salvacion is a barangay in the municipality of Prosperidad, in the province of Agusan del Sur. Its population as determined by the 2015 Census was 2,659. This represented 3.22% of the total population of Prosperidad.
Population by age group
According to the 2015 Census, the age group with the highest population in Salvacion is 10 to 14, with 353 individuals. Conversely, the age group with the lowest population is 75 to 79, with 27 individuals.
|Age group||Population (2015)|
|1 to 4||270|
|5 to 9||303|
|10 to 14||353|
|15 to 19||262|
|20 to 24||241|
|25 to 29||193|
|30 to 34||174|
|35 to 39||134|
|40 to 44||128|
|45 to 49||142|
|50 to 54||117|
|55 to 59||85|
|60 to 64||59|
|65 to 69||45|
|70 to 74||39|
|75 to 79||27|
|80 and over||35|
The population of Salvacion grew from 1,633 in 1990 to 2,659 in 2015, an increase of 1,026 people. The latest census figures in 2015 denote a positive growth rate of 2.67%, or an increase of 344 people, from the previous population of 2,315 in 2010.
|Census date||Population||Growth rate|
Salvacion is situated at approximately 8.5927, 125.9549, in the island of Mindanao. Elevation at these coordinates is estimated at 177.9 meters or 583.7 feet above mean sea level.
Salvacion shares a common border with the following barangay(s):
- Liatimco, Lianga, Surigao del Sur
- Anibongan, Lianga, Surigao del Sur
- Payasan, Lianga, Surigao del Sur
- Mapaga, Prosperidad, Agusan del Sur
- Das-agan, San Francisco, Agusan del Sur
- Lucac, San Francisco, Agusan del Sur
- Los Arcos, Prosperidad, Agusan del Sur
- Magsaysay, Prosperidad, Agusan del Sur
- Poblacion (Bahbah), Prosperidad, Agusan del Sur
- New Maug, Prosperidad, Agusan del Sur
- Azpetia, Prosperidad, Agusan del Sur
- La Suerte, Prosperidad, Agusan del Sur
- Las Navas, Prosperidad, Agusan del Sur
- Data on population is from the Philippine Statistics Authority.
- Postal code information is from the Philippine Postal Corporation.