|Region||Caraga (Region XIII)|
|Province||Agusan del Sur|
|Philippine major island(s)||Mindanao|
San Jose is a barangay in the municipality of Prosperidad, in the province of Agusan del Sur. Its population as determined by the 2015 Census was 2,579. This represented 3.12% of the total population of Prosperidad.
Population by age group
According to the 2015 Census, the age group with the highest population in San Jose is 5 to 9, with 288 individuals. Conversely, the age group with the lowest population is 75 to 79, with 20 individuals.
|Age group||Population (2015)|
|1 to 4||248|
|5 to 9||288|
|10 to 14||280|
|15 to 19||252|
|20 to 24||234|
|25 to 29||200|
|30 to 34||180|
|35 to 39||150|
|40 to 44||124|
|45 to 49||123|
|50 to 54||133|
|55 to 59||91|
|60 to 64||76|
|65 to 69||57|
|70 to 74||35|
|75 to 79||20|
|80 and over||26|
The population of San Jose grew from 2,406 in 1990 to 2,579 in 2015, an increase of 173 people. The latest census figures in 2015 denote a positive growth rate of 1.09%, or an increase of 143 people, from the previous population of 2,436 in 2010.
|Census date||Population||Growth rate|
San Jose is situated at approximately 8.7959, 125.8644, in the island of Mindanao. Elevation at these coordinates is estimated at 783.8 meters or 2,571.5 feet above mean sea level.
San Jose shares a common border with the following barangay(s):
- Castillo, San Miguel, Surigao del Sur
- Umalag, San Miguel, Surigao del Sur
- La Perian, Prosperidad, Agusan del Sur
- Santa Maria, Prosperidad, Agusan del Sur
- San Juan, Bayugan, Agusan del Sur
- Mt. Carmel, Bayugan, Agusan del Sur
- La Purisima, Prosperidad, Agusan del Sur
- Mt. Ararat, Bayugan, Agusan del Sur
- Grace Estate, Bayugan, Agusan del Sur
- New Salem, Bayugan, Agusan del Sur
- Villa Undayon, Bayugan, Agusan del Sur
- Osmeña, Bayugan, Agusan del Sur
- Panaytay, Bayugan, Agusan del Sur
- San Toribio, Esperanza, Agusan del Sur
- Data on population is from the Philippine Statistics Authority.
- Postal code information is from the Philippine Postal Corporation.