|Region||Caraga (Region XIII)|
|Province||Agusan del Sur|
|Philippine major island(s)||Mindanao|
Mate is a barangay in the municipality of San Francisco, in the province of Agusan del Sur. Its population as determined by the 2015 Census was 1,497. This represented 2.01% of the total population of San Francisco.
Population by age group
According to the 2015 Census, the age group with the highest population in Mate is 5 to 9, with 201 individuals. Conversely, the age group with the lowest population is 75 to 79, with 6 individuals.
|Age group||Population (2015)|
|1 to 4||170|
|5 to 9||201|
|10 to 14||165|
|15 to 19||130|
|20 to 24||116|
|25 to 29||135|
|30 to 34||104|
|35 to 39||80|
|40 to 44||83|
|45 to 49||66|
|50 to 54||54|
|55 to 59||61|
|60 to 64||42|
|65 to 69||22|
|70 to 74||16|
|75 to 79||6|
|80 and over||10|
The population of Mate grew from 1,319 in 1990 to 1,497 in 2015, an increase of 178 people. The latest census figures in 2015 denote a negative growth rate of 1.45%, or a decrease of 119 people, from the previous population of 1,616 in 2010.
|Census date||Population||Growth rate|
Mate is situated at approximately 8.4374, 126.0428, in the island of Mindanao. Elevation at these coordinates is estimated at 125.6 meters or 412.1 feet above mean sea level.
Mate shares a common border with the following barangay(s):
- San Jose, Barobo, Surigao del Sur
- Santa Fe, Tagbina, Surigao del Sur
- Lapinigan, San Francisco, Agusan del Sur
- Ormaca, San Francisco, Agusan del Sur
- Bahi, Barobo, Surigao del Sur
- Javier, Barobo, Surigao del Sur
- Soriano, Tagbina, Surigao del Sur
- Libuac, Rosario, Agusan del Sur
- Maligaya, Rosario, Agusan del Sur
- Cabantao, Rosario, Agusan del Sur
- Marfil, Rosario, Agusan del Sur
- Pasta, San Francisco, Agusan del Sur
- Data on population is from the Philippine Statistics Authority.
- Postal code information is from the Philippine Postal Corporation.