|Region||Caraga (Region XIII)|
|Province||Agusan del Sur|
|Philippine major island(s)||Mindanao|
|Coordinates||7.9840, 125.8385 (7° 59' North, 125° 50' East)|
|Estimated elevation above sea level||67.0 meters (219.8 feet)|
Santa Cruz is a barangay in the municipality of Veruela, in the province of Agusan del Sur. Its population as determined by the 2020 Census was 978. This represented 2.46% of the total population of Veruela.
The household population of Santa Cruz in the 2015 Census was 1,059 broken down into 240 households or an average of 4.41 members per household.
|Census date||Household population||Number of households||Average household size|
Population by age group
According to the 2015 Census, the age group with the highest population in Santa Cruz is 15 to 19, with 135 individuals. Conversely, the age group with the lowest population is 75 to 79, with 4 individuals.
|Age group||Population (2015)||Age group percentage|
|1 to 4||77||7.27%|
|5 to 9||111||10.48%|
|10 to 14||111||10.48%|
|15 to 19||135||12.75%|
|20 to 24||118||11.14%|
|25 to 29||96||9.07%|
|30 to 34||70||6.61%|
|35 to 39||81||7.65%|
|40 to 44||67||6.33%|
|45 to 49||65||6.14%|
|50 to 54||39||3.68%|
|55 to 59||23||2.17%|
|60 to 64||18||1.70%|
|65 to 69||18||1.70%|
|70 to 74||10||0.94%|
|75 to 79||4||0.38%|
|80 and over||6||0.57%|
The population of Santa Cruz grew from 534 in 1990 to 978 in 2020, an increase of 444 people over the course of 30 years. The latest census figures in 2020 denote a negative growth rate of 1.66%, or a decrease of 81 people, from the previous population of 1,059 in 2015.
|Census date||Population||Growth rate|
Santa Cruz is situated at approximately 7.9840, 125.8385, in the island of Mindanao. Elevation at these coordinates is estimated at 67.0 meters or 219.8 feet above mean sea level.
Santa Cruz shares a common border with the following barangay(s):
- Binucayan, Loreto, Agusan del Sur
- Caigangan, Veruela, Agusan del Sur
- Johnson, Loreto, Agusan del Sur
- Bacay II, Veruela, Agusan del Sur
- Kauswagan, Loreto, Agusan del Sur
- Sabud, Loreto, Agusan del Sur
- Santo Niño, Loreto, Agusan del Sur
- Sisimon, Veruela, Agusan del Sur
- Sawagan, Veruela, Agusan del Sur
- Anitap, Veruela, Agusan del Sur
- Katipunan, Veruela, Agusan del Sur
- El Katipunan, Laak, Davao de Oro
- Datu Davao, Laak, Davao de Oro
- Il Papa, Laak, Davao de Oro
- Sabud, Laak, Davao de Oro
- San Mariano, Loreto, Agusan del Sur
- Paradise, Cabanglasan, Bukidnon
- Nacabuklad, San Fernando, Bukidnon
- Gupitan, Kapalong, Davao del Norte
- Data on population, and households, are from the Philippine Statistics Authority.
- Postal code information is from the Philippine Postal Corporation.