|Region||Caraga (Region XIII)|
|Province||Surigao del Sur|
|Philippine major island(s)||Mindanao|
Mahaba is a barangay in the municipality of Marihatag, in the province of Surigao del Sur. Its population as determined by the 2015 Census was 1,415. This represented 7.64% of the total population of Marihatag.
Population by age group
According to the 2015 Census, the age group with the highest population in Mahaba is 15 to 19, with 208 individuals. Conversely, the age group with the lowest population is 80 and over, with 3 individuals.
|Age group||Population (2015)|
|1 to 4||164|
|5 to 9||178|
|10 to 14||180|
|15 to 19||208|
|20 to 24||147|
|25 to 29||95|
|30 to 34||80|
|35 to 39||75|
|40 to 44||74|
|45 to 49||56|
|50 to 54||44|
|55 to 59||32|
|60 to 64||16|
|65 to 69||13|
|70 to 74||4|
|75 to 79||6|
|80 and over||3|
The population of Mahaba grew from 679 in 1990 to 1,415 in 2015, an increase of 736 people. The latest census figures in 2015 denote a positive growth rate of 6.35%, or an increase of 391 people, from the previous population of 1,024 in 2010.
|Census date||Population||Growth rate|
Mahaba is situated at approximately 8.7868, 126.0904, in the island of Mindanao. Elevation at these coordinates is estimated at 252.1 meters or 827.1 feet above mean sea level.
Mahaba shares a common border with the following barangay(s):
- Bitaugan West, Cagwait, Surigao del Sur
- Layog, Tago, Surigao del Sur
- Amontay, Marihatag, Surigao del Sur
- San Isidro, Marihatag, Surigao del Sur
- San Pedro, Marihatag, Surigao del Sur
- Pongtod, San Agustin, Surigao del Sur
- Janipaan, San Agustin, Surigao del Sur
- Pong-on, San Agustin, Surigao del Sur
- Libas Sud, San Miguel, Surigao del Sur
- San Roque, San Miguel, Surigao del Sur
- Caras-an, Tago, Surigao del Sur
- Bolhoon, San Miguel, Surigao del Sur
- San Martin, Prosperidad, Agusan del Sur
- La Purisima, Prosperidad, Agusan del Sur
- San Salvador, Prosperidad, Agusan del Sur
- Data on population is from the Philippine Statistics Authority.
- Postal code information is from the Philippine Postal Corporation.