|Region||Zamboanga Peninsula (Region IX)|
|Province||Zamboanga del Norte|
|Philippine major island(s)||Mindanao|
Diwan is a barangay in the city of Dipolog, in the province of Zamboanga del Norte. Its population as determined by the 2015 Census was 3,747. This represented 2.87% of the total population of Dipolog.
Population by age group
According to the 2015 Census, the age group with the highest population in Diwan is 10 to 14, with 477 individuals. Conversely, the age group with the lowest population is 80 and over, with 23 individuals.
|Age group||Population (2015)|
|1 to 4||352|
|5 to 9||453|
|10 to 14||477|
|15 to 19||424|
|20 to 24||309|
|25 to 29||253|
|30 to 34||190|
|35 to 39||169|
|40 to 44||189|
|45 to 49||238|
|50 to 54||181|
|55 to 59||125|
|60 to 64||117|
|65 to 69||76|
|70 to 74||66|
|75 to 79||34|
|80 and over||23|
The population of Diwan grew from 2,835 in 1990 to 3,747 in 2015, an increase of 912 people. The latest census figures in 2015 denote a positive growth rate of 0.12%, or an increase of 24 people, from the previous population of 3,723 in 2010.
|Census date||Population||Growth rate|
Diwan is situated at approximately 8.3821, 123.3562, in the island of Mindanao. Elevation at these coordinates is estimated at 294.3 meters or 965.5 feet above mean sea level.
Diwan shares a common border with the following barangay(s):
- Sinaad, Sergio Osmeña Sr., Zamboanga del Norte
- San Francisco, Sergio Osmeña Sr., Zamboanga del Norte
- Seroan, Katipunan, Zamboanga del Norte
- Seres, Katipunan, Zamboanga del Norte
- Dilawa, Piñan, Zamboanga del Norte
- Macalibre, Sergio Osmeña Sr., Zamboanga del Norte
- Loyuran, Katipunan, Zamboanga del Norte
- San Jose, Dipolog, Zamboanga del Norte
- Patik, Katipunan, Zamboanga del Norte
- Sinuyak, Katipunan, Zamboanga del Norte
- Cogon, Dipolog, Zamboanga del Norte
- Nuevavista, Sergio Osmeña Sr., Zamboanga del Norte
- Data on population is from the Philippine Statistics Authority.
- Postal code information is from the Philippine Postal Corporation.