|Region||Zamboanga Peninsula (Region IX)|
|Province||Zamboanga del Sur|
|Philippine major island(s)||Mindanao|
Tawagan Norte is a barangay in the municipality of Labangan, in the province of Zamboanga del Sur. Its population as determined by the 2015 Census was 2,841. This represented 6.80% of the total population of Labangan.
Population by age group
According to the 2015 Census, the age group with the highest population in Tawagan Norte is 10 to 14, with 318 individuals. Conversely, the age group with the lowest population is 80 and over, with 24 individuals.
|Age group||Population (2015)|
|1 to 4||250|
|5 to 9||300|
|10 to 14||318|
|15 to 19||264|
|20 to 24||257|
|25 to 29||230|
|30 to 34||168|
|35 to 39||165|
|40 to 44||146|
|45 to 49||183|
|50 to 54||133|
|55 to 59||124|
|60 to 64||86|
|65 to 69||57|
|70 to 74||53|
|75 to 79||30|
|80 and over||24|
The population of Tawagan Norte grew from 2,188 in 1990 to 2,841 in 2015, an increase of 653 people. The latest census figures in 2015 denote a positive growth rate of 0.47%, or an increase of 69 people, from the previous population of 2,772 in 2010.
|Census date||Population||Growth rate|
Tawagan Norte is situated at approximately 7.8708, 123.4790, in the island of Mindanao. Elevation at these coordinates is estimated at 12.5 meters or 41.0 feet above mean sea level.
Tawagan Norte shares a common border with the following barangay(s):
- Dalapang, Labangan, Zamboanga del Sur
- Lantian, Labangan, Zamboanga del Sur
- New Labangan, Labangan, Zamboanga del Sur
- Upper Sang-an, Labangan, Zamboanga del Sur
- Santa Cruz, Labangan, Zamboanga del Sur
- Lower Pulacan, Labangan, Zamboanga del Sur
- Lenienza, Pagadian, Zamboanga del Sur
- Manga, Pagadian, Zamboanga del Sur
- Kalasan, Pagadian, Zamboanga del Sur
- Tulawas, Pagadian, Zamboanga del Sur
- Bulanit, Labangan, Zamboanga del Sur
- Tawagan Sur, Pagadian, Zamboanga del Sur
- Data on population is from the Philippine Statistics Authority.
- Postal code information is from the Philippine Postal Corporation.