|Region||Zamboanga Peninsula (Region IX)|
|Province||Zamboanga del Sur|
|Philippine major island(s)||Mindanao|
Dampalan is a barangay in the city of Pagadian, in the province of Zamboanga del Sur. Its population as determined by the 2015 Census was 1,050. This represented 0.53% of the total population of Pagadian.
Population by age group
According to the 2015 Census, the age group with the highest population in Dampalan is 10 to 14, with 145 individuals. Conversely, the age group with the lowest population is 80 and over, with 3 individuals.
|Age group||Population (2015)|
|1 to 4||111|
|5 to 9||141|
|10 to 14||145|
|15 to 19||125|
|20 to 24||104|
|25 to 29||78|
|30 to 34||55|
|35 to 39||58|
|40 to 44||50|
|45 to 49||32|
|50 to 54||37|
|55 to 59||22|
|60 to 64||29|
|65 to 69||15|
|70 to 74||12|
|75 to 79||6|
|80 and over||3|
The population of Dampalan grew from 738 in 1990 to 1,050 in 2015, an increase of 312 people. The latest census figures in 2015 denote a positive growth rate of 1.86%, or an increase of 97 people, from the previous population of 953 in 2010.
|Census date||Population||Growth rate|
Dampalan is situated at approximately 7.9255, 123.2647, in the island of Mindanao. Elevation at these coordinates is estimated at 674.8 meters or 2,213.9 feet above mean sea level.
Dampalan shares a common border with the following barangay(s):
- Duelic, Midsalip, Zamboanga del Sur
- Mate, Tigbao, Zamboanga del Sur
- Nangan-nangan, Tigbao, Zamboanga del Sur
- Gasa, Lakewood, Zamboanga del Sur
- Lizon Valley, Pagadian, Zamboanga del Sur
- Guinabot, Midsalip, Zamboanga del Sur
- Langapod, Labangan, Zamboanga del Sur
- La Suerte, Pagadian, Zamboanga del Sur
- Deborok, Pagadian, Zamboanga del Sur
- Lower Sibatang, Pagadian, Zamboanga del Sur
- Lourdes, Pagadian, Zamboanga del Sur
- Cogonan, Labangan, Zamboanga del Sur
- Noboran, Labangan, Zamboanga del Sur
- Data on population is from the Philippine Statistics Authority.
- Postal code information is from the Philippine Postal Corporation.