|Region||Zamboanga Peninsula (Region IX)|
|Province||Zamboanga del Sur|
|Philippine major island(s)||Mindanao|
Balugo is a barangay in the municipality of Tambulig, in the province of Zamboanga del Sur. Its population as determined by the 2015 Census was 1,378. This represented 3.81% of the total population of Tambulig.
Population by age group
According to the 2015 Census, the age group with the highest population in Balugo is 5 to 9, with 179 individuals. Conversely, the age group with the lowest population is 75 to 79, with 9 individuals.
|Age group||Population (2015)|
|1 to 4||163|
|5 to 9||179|
|10 to 14||172|
|15 to 19||130|
|20 to 24||105|
|25 to 29||79|
|30 to 34||83|
|35 to 39||79|
|40 to 44||80|
|45 to 49||79|
|50 to 54||44|
|55 to 59||45|
|60 to 64||32|
|65 to 69||29|
|70 to 74||26|
|75 to 79||9|
|80 and over||13|
The population of Balugo grew from 1,109 in 1990 to 1,378 in 2015, an increase of 269 people. The latest census figures in 2015 denote a positive growth rate of 1.43%, or an increase of 99 people, from the previous population of 1,279 in 2010.
|Census date||Population||Growth rate|
Balugo is situated at approximately 8.0243, 123.5251, in the island of Mindanao. Elevation at these coordinates is estimated at 9.6 meters or 31.5 feet above mean sea level.
Balugo shares a common border with the following barangay(s):
- Campo V, Ramon Magsaysay, Zamboanga del Sur
- Dipolo, Molave, Zamboanga del Sur
- Switch, Ramon Magsaysay, Zamboanga del Sur
- San Jose, Tambulig, Zamboanga del Sur
- Kapalaran, Tambulig, Zamboanga del Sur
- Campo IV, Ramon Magsaysay, Zamboanga del Sur
- Lower Tiparak, Tambulig, Zamboanga del Sur
- Lower Usogan, Tambulig, Zamboanga del Sur
- Sapa Loboc, Aurora, Zamboanga del Sur
- Pasingkalan, Ramon Magsaysay, Zamboanga del Sur
- Sagrada Familia, Tambulig, Zamboanga del Sur
- San Vicente, Tambulig, Zamboanga del Sur
- Data on population is from the Philippine Statistics Authority.
- Postal code information is from the Philippine Postal Corporation.