|Region||Zamboanga Peninsula (Region IX)|
|Province||Zamboanga del Sur|
|Philippine major island(s)||Mindanao|
Laperian is a barangay in the municipality of Tukuran, in the province of Zamboanga del Sur. Its population as determined by the 2015 Census was 1,716. This represented 4.31% of the total population of Tukuran.
Population by age group
According to the 2015 Census, the age group with the highest population in Laperian is 5 to 9, with 220 individuals. Conversely, the age group with the lowest population is 75 to 79, with 13 individuals.
|Age group||Population (2015)|
|1 to 4||188|
|5 to 9||220|
|10 to 14||214|
|15 to 19||180|
|20 to 24||174|
|25 to 29||126|
|30 to 34||101|
|35 to 39||77|
|40 to 44||72|
|45 to 49||88|
|50 to 54||83|
|55 to 59||49|
|60 to 64||38|
|65 to 69||37|
|70 to 74||15|
|75 to 79||13|
|80 and over||14|
The population of Laperian grew from 942 in 1990 to 1,716 in 2015, an increase of 774 people. The latest census figures in 2015 denote a positive growth rate of 2.58%, or an increase of 215 people, from the previous population of 1,501 in 2010.
|Census date||Population||Growth rate|
Laperian is situated at approximately 7.9619, 123.4497, in the island of Mindanao. Elevation at these coordinates is estimated at 273.8 meters or 898.3 feet above mean sea level.
Laperian shares a common border with the following barangay(s):
- Upper Laperian, Ramon Magsaysay, Zamboanga del Sur
- Sapa Anding, Ramon Magsaysay, Zamboanga del Sur
- Lower Sambulawan, Ramon Magsaysay, Zamboanga del Sur
- Bag-ong Baroy, Sominot, Zamboanga del Sur
- Santo Rosario, Ramon Magsaysay, Zamboanga del Sur
- Picturan, Sominot, Zamboanga del Sur
- Balintawak, Aurora, Zamboanga del Sur
- Upper Pulacan, Labangan, Zamboanga del Sur
- Buenasuerte, Tukuran, Zamboanga del Sur
- Binayan, Labangan, Zamboanga del Sur
- Dipaya, Labangan, Zamboanga del Sur
- Bokong, Labangan, Zamboanga del Sur
- Data on population is from the Philippine Statistics Authority.
- Postal code information is from the Philippine Postal Corporation.