|Region||Northern Mindanao (Region X)|
|Philippine major island(s)||Mindanao|
Malinao is a barangay in the municipality of Kalilangan, in the province of Bukidnon. Its population as determined by the 2015 Census was 5,728. This represented 13.77% of the total population of Kalilangan.
Population by age group
According to the 2015 Census, the age group with the highest population in Malinao is 5 to 9, with 793 individuals. Conversely, the age group with the lowest population is 80 and over, with 26 individuals.
|Age group||Population (2015)|
|1 to 4||572|
|5 to 9||793|
|10 to 14||783|
|15 to 19||565|
|20 to 24||430|
|25 to 29||383|
|30 to 34||380|
|35 to 39||359|
|40 to 44||349|
|45 to 49||307|
|50 to 54||214|
|55 to 59||175|
|60 to 64||118|
|65 to 69||76|
|70 to 74||53|
|75 to 79||30|
|80 and over||26|
The population of Malinao grew from 4,608 in 1990 to 5,728 in 2015, an increase of 1,120 people. The latest census figures in 2015 denote a negative growth rate of 1.00%, or a decrease of 310 people, from the previous population of 6,038 in 2010.
|Census date||Population||Growth rate|
Malinao is situated at approximately 7.8228, 124.6982, in the island of Mindanao. Elevation at these coordinates is estimated at 1,044.7 meters or 3,427.5 feet above mean sea level.
Malinao shares a common border with the following barangay(s):
- Nabaliwa, Pangantucan, Bukidnon
- Madaya, Pangantucan, Bukidnon
- Baborawon, Kalilangan, Bukidnon
- Mansilano, Amai Manabilang, Lanao del Sur
- Pagalamatan, Amai Manabilang, Lanao del Sur
- Comara, Amai Manabilang, Lanao del Sur
- Punud, Amai Manabilang, Lanao del Sur
- San Vicente Ferrer, Kalilangan, Bukidnon
- Ilalag, Maguing, Lanao del Sur
- Canituan, Kalilangan, Bukidnon
- Frankfort, Amai Manabilang, Lanao del Sur
- Lambanogan, Amai Manabilang, Lanao del Sur
- Sumugot, Amai Manabilang, Lanao del Sur
- Kilikili West, Wao, Lanao del Sur
- Data on population is from the Philippine Statistics Authority.
- Postal code information is from the Philippine Postal Corporation.