|Region||Northern Mindanao (Region X)|
|Province||Lanao del Norte|
|Philippine major island(s)||Mindanao|
Maliwanag is a barangay in the municipality of Maigo, in the province of Lanao del Norte. Its population as determined by the 2015 Census was 669. This represented 3.09% of the total population of Maigo.
Population by age group
According to the 2015 Census, the age group with the highest population in Maliwanag is 10 to 14, with 82 individuals. Conversely, the age group with the lowest population is 75 to 79, with 3 individuals.
|Age group||Population (2015)|
|1 to 4||73|
|5 to 9||75|
|10 to 14||82|
|15 to 19||76|
|20 to 24||49|
|25 to 29||53|
|30 to 34||32|
|35 to 39||53|
|40 to 44||32|
|45 to 49||32|
|50 to 54||26|
|55 to 59||22|
|60 to 64||15|
|65 to 69||14|
|70 to 74||10|
|75 to 79||3|
|80 and over||7|
The population of Maliwanag grew from 49 in 1990 to 669 in 2015, an increase of 620 people. The latest census figures in 2015 denote a positive growth rate of 4.53%, or an increase of 139 people, from the previous population of 530 in 2010.
|Census date||Population||Growth rate|
Maliwanag is situated at approximately 8.0817, 123.9723, in the island of Mindanao. Elevation at these coordinates is estimated at 365.8 meters or 1,200.1 feet above mean sea level.
Maliwanag shares a common border with the following barangay(s):
- Lumbac, Magsaysay, Lanao del Norte
- Pelingkingan, Magsaysay, Lanao del Norte
- Santa Cruz, Maigo, Lanao del Norte
- Mentring, Maigo, Lanao del Norte
- Inoma, Maigo, Lanao del Norte
- Babasalon, Magsaysay, Lanao del Norte
- Pangao, Magsaysay, Lanao del Norte
- Culubun, Pantao Ragat, Lanao del Norte
- Tangclao, Poona Piagapo, Lanao del Norte
- Kulasihan, Kolambugan, Lanao del Norte
- Kulasihan (Villanueva), Maigo, Lanao del Norte
- Balagatasa, Maigo, Lanao del Norte
- Poblacion, Maigo, Lanao del Norte
- San Roque, Kolambugan, Lanao del Norte
- Small Banisilan, Kolambugan, Lanao del Norte
- Data on population is from the Philippine Statistics Authority.
- Postal code information is from the Philippine Postal Corporation.