|Region||Northern Mindanao (Region X)|
|Province||Lanao del Norte|
|Philippine major island(s)||Mindanao|
Notongan is a barangay in the municipality of Nunungan, in the province of Lanao del Norte. Its population as determined by the 2015 Census was 489. This represented 2.66% of the total population of Nunungan.
Population by age group
According to the 2015 Census, the age group with the highest population in Notongan is 5 to 9, with 78 individuals. Conversely, the age groups with the lowest population are in the ranges 70 to 74, and 80 and over, with 1 individuals.
|Age group||Population (2015)|
|1 to 4||71|
|5 to 9||78|
|10 to 14||72|
|15 to 19||56|
|20 to 24||32|
|25 to 29||36|
|30 to 34||32|
|35 to 39||18|
|40 to 44||24|
|45 to 49||17|
|50 to 54||7|
|55 to 59||13|
|60 to 64||7|
|65 to 69||2|
|70 to 74||1|
|75 to 79||–|
|80 and over||1|
The population of Notongan grew from 278 in 1990 to 489 in 2015, an increase of 211 people. The latest census figures in 2015 denote a positive growth rate of 3.80%, or an increase of 87 people, from the previous population of 402 in 2010.
|Census date||Population||Growth rate|
Notongan is situated at approximately 7.8307, 124.0232, in the island of Mindanao. Elevation at these coordinates is estimated at 1,093.5 meters or 3,587.6 feet above mean sea level.
Notongan shares a common border with the following barangay(s):
- Taraka, Nunungan, Lanao del Norte
- Bantayan, Pualas, Lanao del Sur
- Pindolonan, Ganassi, Lanao del Sur
- Pantar, Madamba, Lanao del Sur
- Tamlang, Pualas, Lanao del Sur
- Bubong Uyaan, Madamba, Lanao del Sur
- Balagunun, Madamba, Lanao del Sur
- Masao, Pualas, Lanao del Sur
- Tomarompong, Pualas, Lanao del Sur
- Yaran, Pualas, Lanao del Sur
- Canibongan, Nunungan, Lanao del Norte
- Poblacion (Nunungan Proper), Nunungan, Lanao del Norte
- Cabasaran (Laya), Nunungan, Lanao del Norte
- Dapao, Pualas, Lanao del Sur
- Data on population is from the Philippine Statistics Authority.
- Postal code information is from the Philippine Postal Corporation.