|Region||Northern Mindanao (Region X)|
|Philippine major island(s)||Mindanao|
Minalwang is a barangay in the municipality of Claveria, in the province of Misamis Oriental. Its population as determined by the 2015 Census was 1,608. This represented 3.29% of the total population of Claveria.
Population by age group
According to the 2015 Census, the age group with the highest population in Minalwang is 5 to 9, with 256 individuals. Conversely, the age group with the lowest population is 80 and over, with 7 individuals.
|Age group||Population (2015)|
|1 to 4||184|
|5 to 9||256|
|10 to 14||217|
|15 to 19||186|
|20 to 24||142|
|25 to 29||99|
|30 to 34||81|
|35 to 39||83|
|40 to 44||73|
|45 to 49||65|
|50 to 54||50|
|55 to 59||44|
|60 to 64||28|
|65 to 69||21|
|70 to 74||19|
|75 to 79||8|
|80 and over||7|
The population of Minalwang grew from 1,160 in 1990 to 1,608 in 2015, an increase of 448 people. The latest census figures in 2015 denote a positive growth rate of 0.36%, or an increase of 30 people, from the previous population of 1,578 in 2010.
|Census date||Population||Growth rate|
Minalwang is situated at approximately 8.6508, 125.1790, in the island of Mindanao. Elevation at these coordinates is estimated at 903.7 meters or 2,964.9 feet above mean sea level.
Minalwang shares a common border with the following barangay(s):
- Lower Olave, Buenavista, Agusan del Norte
- Durian, Las Nieves, Agusan del Norte
- Simbalan, Buenavista, Agusan del Norte
- Guibonon, Esperanza, Agusan del Sur
- Sinakungan, Esperanza, Agusan del Sur
- San Vicente, Esperanza, Agusan del Sur
- Kalipay, Gingoog, Misamis Oriental
- Hindangon, Gingoog, Misamis Oriental
- Bal-ason, Gingoog, Misamis Oriental
- Eureka, Gingoog, Misamis Oriental
- Kianlagan, Gingoog, Misamis Oriental
- Sangalan, Gingoog, Misamis Oriental
- Mat-i, Claveria, Misamis Oriental
- San Luis, Malitbog, Bukidnon
- Hagpa, Impasugong, Bukidnon
- Data on population is from the Philippine Statistics Authority.
- Postal code information is from the Philippine Postal Corporation.