|Region||Davao Region (Region XI)|
|Province||Davao del Norte|
|Philippine major island(s)||Mindanao|
|Coordinates||7.7781, 125.6417 (7° 47' North, 125° 39' East)|
|Estimated elevation above sea level||52.3 meters (171.6 feet)|
Gupitan is a barangay in the municipality of Kapalong, in the province of Davao del Norte. Its population as determined by the 2020 Census was 17,878. This represented 22.05% of the total population of Kapalong.
The household population of Gupitan in the 2015 Census was 11,134 broken down into 2,468 households or an average of 4.51 members per household.
|Census date||Household population||Number of households||Average household size|
Population by age group
According to the 2015 Census, the age group with the highest population in Gupitan is 5 to 9, with 1,694 individuals. Conversely, the age group with the lowest population is 80 and over, with 23 individuals.
|Age group||Population (2015)||Age group percentage|
|1 to 4||1,408||12.65%|
|5 to 9||1,694||15.21%|
|10 to 14||1,445||12.98%|
|15 to 19||1,173||10.54%|
|20 to 24||1,010||9.07%|
|25 to 29||756||6.79%|
|30 to 34||671||6.03%|
|35 to 39||606||5.44%|
|40 to 44||576||5.17%|
|45 to 49||435||3.91%|
|50 to 54||390||3.50%|
|55 to 59||245||2.20%|
|60 to 64||142||1.28%|
|65 to 69||106||0.95%|
|70 to 74||58||0.52%|
|75 to 79||29||0.26%|
|80 and over||23||0.21%|
The population of Gupitan grew from 11,423 in 1990 to 17,878 in 2020, an increase of 6,455 people over the course of 30 years. The latest census figures in 2020 denote a positive growth rate of 10.48%, or an increase of 6,744 people, from the previous population of 11,134 in 2015.
|Census date||Population||Growth rate|
Gupitan is situated at approximately 7.7781, 125.6417, in the island of Mindanao. Elevation at these coordinates is estimated at 52.3 meters or 171.6 feet above mean sea level.
Gupitan shares a common border with the following barangay(s):
- Dacudao, San Isidro, Davao del Norte
- Datu Balong, San Isidro, Davao del Norte
- Datu Davao, Laak, Davao de Oro
- Ampawid, Laak, Davao de Oro
- Santa Cruz, Veruela, Agusan del Sur
- Paradise, Cabanglasan, Bukidnon
- Halapitan (Poblacion), San Fernando, Bukidnon
- Nacabuklad, San Fernando, Bukidnon
- Candelaria, San Fernando, Bukidnon
- Sua-on, Kapalong, Davao del Norte
- Monte Dujali, San Isidro, Davao del Norte
- Kawayan, San Fernando, Bukidnon
- Magkalungay, San Fernando, Bukidnon
- Namnam, San Fernando, Bukidnon
- Bonacao, San Fernando, Bukidnon
- Santo Domingo, San Fernando, Bukidnon
- Dagohoy, Talaingod, Davao del Norte
- Data on population, and households, are from the Philippine Statistics Authority.
- Postal code information is from the Philippine Postal Corporation.