|Region||Davao Region (Region XI)|
|Province||Davao del Sur|
|Philippine major island(s)||Mindanao|
Sinawilan is a barangay in the municipality of Matanao, in the province of Davao del Sur. Its population as determined by the 2015 Census was 4,369. This represented 7.70% of the total population of Matanao.
Population by age group
According to the 2015 Census, the age group with the highest population in Sinawilan is 5 to 9, with 504 individuals. Conversely, the age group with the lowest population is 80 and over, with 30 individuals.
|Age group||Population (2015)|
|1 to 4||379|
|5 to 9||504|
|10 to 14||413|
|15 to 19||414|
|20 to 24||382|
|25 to 29||365|
|30 to 34||320|
|35 to 39||293|
|40 to 44||249|
|45 to 49||237|
|50 to 54||206|
|55 to 59||162|
|60 to 64||156|
|65 to 69||80|
|70 to 74||62|
|75 to 79||38|
|80 and over||30|
The population of Sinawilan grew from 3,129 in 1990 to 4,369 in 2015, an increase of 1,240 people. The latest census figures in 2015 denote a positive growth rate of 1.62%, or an increase of 353 people, from the previous population of 4,016 in 2010.
|Census date||Population||Growth rate|
Sinawilan is situated at approximately 6.7767, 125.2541, in the island of Mindanao. Elevation at these coordinates is estimated at 148.8 meters or 488.2 feet above mean sea level.
Sinawilan shares a common border with the following barangay(s):
- Bonifacio, Bansalan, Davao del Sur
- Lungag, Digos, Davao del Sur
- San Roque, Digos, Davao del Sur
- Kibao, Matanao, Davao del Sur
- Managa, Bansalan, Davao del Sur
- Balabag, Digos, Davao del Sur
- Bagumbayan, Matanao, Davao del Sur
- Camanchiles, Matanao, Davao del Sur
- San Vicente, Matanao, Davao del Sur
- Anonang, Bansalan, Davao del Sur
- Union, Bansalan, Davao del Sur
- New Katipunan, Matanao, Davao del Sur
- Data on population is from the Philippine Statistics Authority.
- Postal code information is from the Philippine Postal Corporation.