|Region||Western Visayas (Region VI)|
|Philippine major island(s)||Negros|
Batuan is a barangay in the city of La Carlota, in the province of Negros Occidental. Its population as determined by the 2015 Census was 6,158. This represented 9.55% of the total population of La Carlota.
Population by age group
According to the 2015 Census, the age group with the highest population in Batuan is 5 to 9, with 690 individuals. Conversely, the age group with the lowest population is 80 and over, with 72 individuals.
|Age group||Population (2015)|
|1 to 4||432|
|5 to 9||690|
|10 to 14||610|
|15 to 19||495|
|20 to 24||432|
|25 to 29||469|
|30 to 34||500|
|35 to 39||479|
|40 to 44||394|
|45 to 49||341|
|50 to 54||300|
|55 to 59||267|
|60 to 64||208|
|65 to 69||164|
|70 to 74||115|
|75 to 79||83|
|80 and over||72|
The population of Batuan grew from 3,814 in 1990 to 6,158 in 2015, an increase of 2,344 people. The latest census figures in 2015 denote a positive growth rate of 1.74%, or an increase of 534 people, from the previous population of 5,624 in 2010.
|Census date||Population||Growth rate|
Batuan is situated at approximately 10.4250, 122.9066, in the island of Negros. Elevation at these coordinates is estimated at 16.2 meters or 53.1 feet above mean sea level.
Batuan shares a common border with the following barangay(s):
- Barangay III (Poblacion), La Carlota, Negros Occidental
- Barangay I (Poblacion), La Carlota, Negros Occidental
- Barangay II (Poblacion), La Carlota, Negros Occidental
- Cubay, La Carlota, Negros Occidental
- Ayungon, Valladolid, Negros Occidental
- Sagasa, Bago, Negros Occidental
- Ayungon, La Carlota, Negros Occidental
- Roberto S. Benedicto (Consuelo), La Carlota, Negros Occidental
- Baliwagan, San Enrique, Negros Occidental
- Sibucao, San Enrique, Negros Occidental
- Batuan, Valladolid, Negros Occidental
- Data on population is from the Philippine Statistics Authority.
- Postal code information is from the Philippine Postal Corporation.