|Region||Eastern Visayas (Region VIII)|
|Municipality||Lope de Vega|
|Philippine major island(s)||Samar|
Upper Caynaga is a barangay in the municipality of Lope de Vega, in the province of Northern Samar. Its population as determined by the 2015 Census was 589. This represented 4.01% of the total population of Lope de Vega.
Population by age group
According to the 2015 Census, the age group with the highest population in Upper Caynaga is 1 to 4, with 80 individuals. Conversely, the age group with the lowest population is 80 and over, with 1 individuals.
|Age group||Population (2015)|
|1 to 4||80|
|5 to 9||62|
|10 to 14||64|
|15 to 19||77|
|20 to 24||57|
|25 to 29||46|
|30 to 34||31|
|35 to 39||33|
|40 to 44||43|
|45 to 49||18|
|50 to 54||19|
|55 to 59||28|
|60 to 64||3|
|65 to 69||9|
|70 to 74||3|
|75 to 79||6|
|80 and over||1|
The population of Upper Caynaga grew from 127 in 1990 to 589 in 2015, an increase of 462 people. The latest census figures in 2015 denote a positive growth rate of 22.48%, or an increase of 386 people, from the previous population of 203 in 2010.
|Census date||Population||Growth rate|
Upper Caynaga is situated at approximately 12.2992, 124.6493, in the island of Samar. Elevation at these coordinates is estimated at 134.3 meters or 440.6 feet above mean sea level.
Upper Caynaga shares a common border with the following barangay(s):
- Gen. Luna, Lope de Vega, Northern Samar
- San Miguel, Lope de Vega, Northern Samar
- Osmeña, Lope de Vega, Northern Samar
- Lower Caynaga, Lope de Vega, Northern Samar
- Bayho, Lope de Vega, Northern Samar
- Sampaguita, Lope de Vega, Northern Samar
- Curry, Lope de Vega, Northern Samar
- Getigo, Lope de Vega, Northern Samar
- Lope de Vega (Poblacion), Lope de Vega, Northern Samar
- Data on population is from the Philippine Statistics Authority.
- Postal code information is from the Philippine Postal Corporation.