|Region||Eastern Visayas (Region VIII)|
|Philippine major island(s)||Samar|
|Coordinates||12.3836, 124.8117 (12° 23' North, 124° 49' East)|
|Estimated elevation above sea level||29.3 meters (96.1 feet)|
San Jose is a barangay in the municipality of Mondragon, in the province of Northern Samar. Its population as determined by the 2020 Census was 1,068. This represented 2.58% of the total population of Mondragon.
The household population of San Jose in the 2015 Census was 1,070 broken down into 168 households or an average of 6.37 members per household.
|Census date||Household population||Number of households||Average household size|
Population by age group
According to the 2015 Census, the age group with the highest population in San Jose is 5 to 9, with 172 individuals. Conversely, the age group with the lowest population is 75 to 79, with 2 individuals.
|Age group||Population (2015)||Age group percentage|
|1 to 4||146||13.62%|
|5 to 9||172||16.04%|
|10 to 14||118||11.01%|
|15 to 19||110||10.26%|
|20 to 24||102||9.51%|
|25 to 29||103||9.61%|
|30 to 34||80||7.46%|
|35 to 39||35||3.26%|
|40 to 44||45||4.20%|
|45 to 49||22||2.05%|
|50 to 54||33||3.08%|
|55 to 59||35||3.26%|
|60 to 64||22||2.05%|
|65 to 69||13||1.21%|
|70 to 74||3||0.28%|
|75 to 79||2||0.19%|
|80 and over||3||0.28%|
The population of San Jose grew from 334 in 1990 to 1,068 in 2020, an increase of 734 people over the course of 30 years. The latest census figures in 2020 denote a negative growth rate of 0.08%, or a decrease of 4 people, from the previous population of 1,072 in 2015.
|Census date||Population||Growth rate|
San Jose is situated at approximately 12.3836, 124.8117, in the island of Samar. Elevation at these coordinates is estimated at 29.3 meters or 96.1 feet above mean sea level.
San Jose shares a common border with the following barangay(s):
- Lawaan, San Roque, Northern Samar
- Deit de Suba, Silvino Lobos, Northern Samar
- Poblacion I, Silvino Lobos, Northern Samar
- Naguma, Calbayog, Samar
- Higasaan, Calbayog, Samar
- Cababayogan, Silvino Lobos, Northern Samar
- Somoroy, Lope de Vega, Northern Samar
- Roxas, Lope de Vega, Northern Samar
- Gebolwangan, Silvino Lobos, Northern Samar
- Giguimitan, Silvino Lobos, Northern Samar
- Cabunga-an, Silvino Lobos, Northern Samar
- Genagasan, Silvino Lobos, Northern Samar
- Victory, Silvino Lobos, Northern Samar
- De Maria, Mondragon, Northern Samar
- San Antonio, Mondragon, Northern Samar
- Cagmanaba, Mondragon, Northern Samar
- Paguite, Lope de Vega, Northern Samar
- Gebonawan, Lope de Vega, Northern Samar
- San Francisco, Lope de Vega, Northern Samar
- Kalilihan, Calbayog, Samar
- Data on population, and households, are from the Philippine Statistics Authority.
- Postal code information is from the Philippine Postal Corporation.