|Region||Eastern Visayas (Region VIII)|
|Philippine major island(s)||Leyte|
Catmon is a barangay in the municipality of Silago, in the province of Southern Leyte. Its population as determined by the 2015 Census was 179. This represented 1.40% of the total population of Silago.
Population by age group
According to the 2015 Census, the age group with the highest population in Catmon is 35 to 39, with 25 individuals. Conversely, the age groups with the lowest population are in the ranges 65 to 69, and 80 and over, with 1 individuals.
|Age group||Population (2015)|
|1 to 4||24|
|5 to 9||22|
|10 to 14||14|
|15 to 19||12|
|20 to 24||16|
|25 to 29||19|
|30 to 34||10|
|35 to 39||25|
|40 to 44||7|
|45 to 49||5|
|50 to 54||6|
|55 to 59||3|
|60 to 64||8|
|65 to 69||1|
|70 to 74||2|
|75 to 79||–|
|80 and over||1|
The population of Catmon grew from 100 in 1990 to 179 in 2015, an increase of 79 people. The latest census figures in 2015 denote a positive growth rate of 0.99%, or an increase of 9 people, from the previous population of 170 in 2010.
|Census date||Population||Growth rate|
Catmon is situated at approximately 10.4897, 125.0907, in the island of Leyte. Elevation at these coordinates is estimated at 427.8 meters or 1,403.5 feet above mean sea level.
Catmon shares a common border with the following barangay(s):
- Lumbog, Hinunangan, Southern Leyte
- Upper Bantawon, Hinunangan, Southern Leyte
- Gakat, Libagon, Southern Leyte
- Olisihan, Sogod, Southern Leyte
- Balagawan, Silago, Southern Leyte
- Mercedes, Silago, Southern Leyte
- Poblacion District II, Silago, Southern Leyte
- Poblacion District I, Silago, Southern Leyte
- Katipunan, Silago, Southern Leyte
- Sap-ang, Silago, Southern Leyte
- Sudmon, Silago, Southern Leyte
- Pinamanagan, Abuyog, Leyte
- Mahayahay, Abuyog, Leyte
- Tinocolan, Abuyog, Leyte
- Kahupian, Sogod, Southern Leyte
- Pinamonoan, Mahaplag, Leyte
- San Francisco Mabuhay, Sogod, Southern Leyte
- San Vicente, Sogod, Southern Leyte
- Data on population is from the Philippine Statistics Authority.
- Postal code information is from the Philippine Postal Corporation.